A formulary blend of nutrients designed to support calming brain activity
NeuroCalm™ promotes activity of GABA and serotonin; may help improve mood, reduce cravings, and support greater feelings of calm, satiety, and satisfaction.
Key ingredients include:
• PharmaGABA™, a form of GABA naturally manufactured via a fermentation process and considered more effective than other traditional, chemically produced synthetic forms
• L-theanine — clinically proven to help reduce stress and improve the quality of sleep
• German chamomile — anxiety-reducing, without impairing memory, diminishing motor skills or causing drowsiness. It is reported to promote calmness in a way similar to benzodiazepines, but without the overt side-effects of these medications.
• 5-HTP — precursor to serotonin, an important calming neurotransmitter known as “the feel-good hormone.” In the central nervous system, serotonin has been implicated in the regulation of sleep, depression, anxiety, aggression, appetite, temperature, sexual behavior, and pain sensation.
• Pyridoxal-5-phospate (P5P) and vitamin B12 – to help with conversion of 5-HTP to serotonin
• Phosphatidylserine (PS) and inositol — for supporting proper neuron membrane structure for maximum membrane fluidity, receptor function, and response to neurotransmitters, hormones, and cell-signaling compounds
• Magnesium (as Di-Magnesium Malate) — involved in proper nerve transmission, muscular contraction/relaxation, and general relaxation responses
Who Should Take NeuroCalm™?
NeuroCalm™ should be considered for patients with increased levels of stress and anxiety, individuals who are easily agitated and frustrated, those with documented deficiencies in the neurotransmitters supported by NeuroCalm™, and anyone with chronic global pain conditions.
Plants and the central nervous system. Carlini EA. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2003 Jun;75(3):501-12. PMID: 12895668
Theanine reduces psychological and physiological stress responses. Kimura K, Ozeki M, Juneja LR, Ohira H. Biol Psychol. 2007 Jan;74(1):39-45. PMID: 16930802
Hydroxytryptophan: a clinically-effective serotonin precursor. Birdsall TC. Altern Med Rev. 1998 Aug;3(4):271-80. PMID: 9727088
Review of phosphatidylserine pharmacological and clinical effects. Is phosphatidylserine a drug for the ageing brain?Pepeu G, Pepeu IM, Amaducci L. Pharmacol Res. 1996 Feb;33(2):73-80. PMID: 8870022